Friday 2 March 2012

Planning the college magazine

In order to start my preliminary task, I was asked to conduct a number of potential titles for my desired college magazine. I wrote down a list of college magazine titles which I came up with. Below is a list of the magazine names I came up with.

- Priestley Press
- The Priestley Times
- Embrace-the-Pace
- Student Services
- Priestley101
- Priestley Post
- Knowledge!
- Get Quenched!

I also researched which conventions are commonly found on magazines in the industry. I did this, so when designing my own copy, I could use some of these conventions. I found out a myriad of things, including:

- Incentives
- Masthead
- Issue numbers
- Quotes
- Barcodes
- Cover stars
- Filler images
- Banners
- Strong colours
- Captions
- Pull Quote

After I decided a title for my college magazine and researched some conventions of magazines, I came up with ten articles that could possibly be featured in a college magazine. These would all appear on my college magazine's contents page. The list is as follows:
10 feature articles
-          About the college – pass rates, location, history
-          Map of the college
-          Senior tutor profiles – who’s in charge?
-          Term dates
-          Courses
-          Enrichment programmes
-          Social areas
-          Term dates
-          Student deals/discounts
-          Travel

No comments:

Post a Comment