Thursday 1 March 2012

Sketches of front cover and contents page

This is the design of my front cover for my college magazine. I included a number of conventions that I originally researched. For example, I added some incentives across the page. In the banner (another convention I originally researched) at the top, it is visable that I have included incentives. Also, in the poof (the star shape splatted the page), I have included another incentive as this would be eye catching and persaude the audience to purchase a copy of the magazine. I also inevitably accommodated a masthead, as this is compulsory in the industry, otherwise it would be difficult to establish what make the magazine is. In addition to these, a cover star is also present on the page, in the centre - a medium close up. This is due to the fact that it will look much more aestetically pleaseing with images as opposed to a plain white background. Filler images are also dotted across the page. Other conventions of a magazine I have included on the plan are quotes and a blue and purple colour scheme to keep with the bold colours that magazines carry.

This is the design for my contents page. I included quite a few images, to make the contents page look classy and to show what the college has to offer. I have also rounded the corners off the images to create a 'neater' and 'calmer' look. This will be achieved with the help of Photoshop. The discourse of the large box to the left will be a list of the ten features that I came up with prior to sketching my contents page. Page numbers will be available to guide the reader to their chosen destination. These page numbers may also be replicated on some of the images (e.g. Social Areas may have a picture of the Wicked Cafe). There are other conventions I have used such as headers etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment