Tuesday 21 February 2012

Questionnaire results

After asking a series of questions to 28 people, I had to analyse my results in order to take them into account when producing my magazine. The concluded results and analyses can be seen below:



As you can see an equal amount of sexes were asked questioned. The even amount of boys and girls will make the results a more fair questionnaire and will also be representitive of both genders.



The second question I asked the audience was what their ages was. The biggest proportion of people was in the 16-20 category. This may influence the final results a lot and in doing so the questionnaire may reflect a more mainstream or current representation. The other half of the questionnaire consists of ages 21 and over with one person being under 15.



The largest genre of music that was present in my questionnaire was tied between pop and rock. Each genre managed to amass eleven votes each. Genres of music such as folk and gospel proven to be very unpopular with the reading audience due to getting one vote each. This may have been another story if I had interviewed an older audience, however. Other popular genres included: country, R&B, Dance and Rap.



When observing people's favourite colour scheme for a magazine, the chart proved to be slightly more even. Although, Light Green topped the chart slightly. Nobody opted to choose Pink, though, and Purple and Yellow were also unpopular. Red, Lilac, Blue and Green were common upon the audience.



I asked this question in order to help me decide how often I should publish my own music magazine. Most people voted for weekly with 8 people chosing the option; in contrast, yearly followed closely behind with 6 people. It is clear that the option "2-4 times a week" got no votes. Other popular categorys were "Never" and "Monthly" with 5 and 4 votes respectively.



As you can see, the price range of £1.50-£1.99 reached number one amongst people's decisions for how much they were willing to purchase a music magazine for with a staggering 25% of the total audience.  £3.00-£3.49 came in second with 21%. More expensive price ranges such as £3.50-£4.99 and £5 or over had only 4% each which will easily cross these prices off for my own magazine.



I asked this question in order to find out if people would be persuaded to buy a magazine if it contained incentives. As you can see, 64% (almost two thirds) of the people asked voted that incentives would persuade them into buying a magazine. Meanwhile, 36% caimed incentives would not entice them into purchasing a magazine. 
                                                                                     


This bar chart reflects the audience's views on which type of register they would prefer to read in a magazine - formal or informal. Informal gathered 22 votes whilst formal amassed only 6. This will help me determine the layout for my future magazine and i will opt to go for an informal layout.



From looking at this pie chart, it is clear that Equal Balance won the question by a staggering amount - over half. Mainly text didn't too too well, only filling up a small proportion of the chart. Most Images wedged comfortably in the middle with other a third choosing the option.

I asked two other questions including "Name 3 words you assocciated with Pop/Rock music" and "Who are your 3 favourite music artists?". This was to get a deeper understanding into how people view the music market today and to also get a feel as to what artists are popular with today's public so I knew what sort of artists I should include in my magazine.

Below are three videos of people who underwent my questionnaire. Click play to watch one of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment