Wednesday 15 February 2012

Screenshots showing use of software

These screenshots show my progression throughout creating my final product. Images of the software can be seen, and how I used it and developed the finished product.

This screenshot shows me creating my masthead. I used dafont to pick a text i prefered, and then added a green shape to go behind it. I then changed the text that was over the green shape to white.

These screenshots show me adding a banner via the shape tool, and then adding incentives via the text tool.

I then used more shapes and added more text to create the banner that is located in the centre of the page. A lot of colour and text editing was needed to make it just right.

I added a barcode to the right. This creates a realistic look that you would find in a popular store.

I added more incentives to the banner at the top, to further persaude people to purchase the magazine. I then edited the colour and size of the text to make it more aestetically pleasing.

I then added a large text box for the main article - still undecided on the text, I put in replacement letters to get a vibe of the finished feel.

I then added my cover stars - medium close up image.

After that, I changed the layers around in order to get the centre person's head over the masthead, whilst the right person's head remaind behind it.

Finally, I wrote in my final main article, and also added a kicker.

After I finished my cover page, I then moved onto my contents page. I started by creating a header, and green text boxes to fit in with my housestyle. Third of all, I added text and started moving them around to my chosen destination.

I used the grid to get a precise and neat look.

I further arranged my text. I moved my masthead to the top left, and rotated it on its left.

I created an arrow, with an incentive located on top ot it. I then added on image of an itunes logo to make the incentive look instantly recognizable.

I added my main image - a long shot of a girl.

I started to crop around the blue screen to just get the image of the girl.

I changed the colour and opacity of the image to create a more distinct look. I also added a black wall background to make the image look more proffesional.

Last of all, my double page spread. I started this by adding my main image, and also adding a caption.

I then added my pull quote and kicker, as well as placing the filler images ready for editing.

I add my background, with the customer brush tool, and also started to edit my filler images. I added a shadow effect to the three images to create a 3D look. I also added bacckground to their images, and added captions.

I added a page number, changed the colour of the background, and added a "News" section at the top-left. I included a web address in this.

I was starting to prepare for exporting the image to quark, in order to add the text.

I added my article. I edited the text, added a drop down capital letter, and also, gutters.

No comments:

Post a Comment